All of us living in Athens Alabama knows, water is fundamental to human life and existence, yet it is a big problem for many home. Water damage can bring about a wide range of pain for property owners, both promptly after the damage happens and over the long haul. From mood every where to cracked fixtures, water damage is a genuine agony, and can bring long term pain.
There are lots of other issues that follow water damage if the damage is not cleaned up immediately. These other issues include mold, unwelcome reptiles such as snakes and lizard and other pest such as rats and roaches. Honestly, prevention is better than cure.
Water damage should be prevented in the first place. In my experience, 65% of flooded home is caused by children playing with water. They left the water running in the bath top or sink and went somewhere else. Second cause is the flooding from the outside which may be due to heavy rain. Make sure your house is in a high rise spot that push the water downward not towards your house.
You may also want to check for the drainage around you house to make sure they are working and not blocked. If block, call the city official to come and fix the issue.
Therefore are some steps you should take in case of water damage problems:
1. Turn off the power and Gas: In the event of water damage, the first thing you want to do is to turn off the power and gas from the source if possible for you and safe. This will prevent electric shock from happening to your or any family member or pets.
2. Call emergency service: If the whole house is completely flooded, please, don’t try to save your house by yourself, call 911 emergency service to come and see the damage immediately and make sure you are not in danger of electric shock.
3. Contact a water damage restoration specialist: After you’ve determined the extent of the water damage and danger and everything is now safe, call a specialist. Whether you know the source of the water damage or you can’t tell where the water is originating from, promptly contact a water damage clean up experts. They will be able to give you a free estimate in most cases. Moreover, you can get more than one water damage restoration companies to come and see the damage in order to get fair pricing and choose the one you would like to do the water removal and clean up job.
4. Survey the damage: Before you start your cleanup exercise, first decide to evaluate to what extent is the water damage to your properties. Take sufficient photographs and other documentation to demonstrate to the insurance agency the issue.
5. Save your most valuable belonging: Some things are very precious to us such as family photos, cash, jewelry, medications, family pets, etc. Quickly rescue these items before they get damaged or damaged further.
6. Select the water damage clean up company: After you done everything that you can do on your own, it is now time to select the company you will like to do the job for you.
7. Claim from Insurance: In most cases, your homeowner insurance will pay for the service. So, make sure you get the receipt from the cleanup company and get your insurance company involved in the process right from the beginning as well. Therefore, don’t forget to get your reimbursement from the insurance company after the cleanup.
In case you need water damage company in Athens AL for water damage restorations and repairs call us immediately at 256-666-1166 to get our professional service.
Copyright © 2017. All Rights Reserved. WaterDamageHuntsvilleAL.com